ManagingLife is a digital health start-up changing the way that chronic pain is managed. We lower the human and financial cost of chronic pain with our industry-leading digital solution, Manage My Pain. Our solution is used by patients and doctors to better measure, monitor, and manage chronic pain. We have over 35,000 users and our solution has been licensed by 7 hospitals and 2 insurance carriers. Our customers include Canada’s largest academic hospital, the University Health Network, and RBC Insurance.
ManagingLife was founded by its CEO, Tahir Janmohamed and is located in downtown Toronto at the Ryerson Biomedical Zone. ManagingLife is currently part of the Creative Destruction Lab and is an alumni of both the DMZ and MaRS Commons.
It’s an exciting time of growth for ManagingLife. With a fundraising round that was recently completed and positive results from clinical studies and carrier-sponsored pilots, ManagingLife is propelling forward along its growth plan. We want you to be part of the journey!
For more information, visit www.managinglife.com
About the Role:
Reporting to the Founder & CEO, you will champion the User Experience, Business, and Technology vision of the Manage My Pain solution. This is an opportunity to build a solution that can help millions of people with chronic pain, and you can evolve the role as the company grows.
The Product Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining the product roadmap, defining feature requirements, conducting user acceptance and validation testing, and supporting the sales process.
The Product Manager will work collaboratively with the development team on technical specifications and release management to bring new features to the market. We are seeking someone who is technically strong and has project management experience. The Product Manager will be capable of making difficult trade-off decisions between technical effort, user experience, and business value.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and high EQ are a must for this role! The Product Manager will communicate with internal and external stakeholders, so translating customer needs into a compelling roadmap and working cross functionally to execute the solution is at the core of this role.
The Product Manager will be based at ManagingLife’s office downtown Toronto, located in the Ryerson University Biomedical Zone. This position offers a competitive salary and the ground floor opportunity to be a key contributor to ManagingLife’s exciting future!
* Develop the strategy, roadmap, and key features for the Manage My Pain solution;
* Hands-on and strategic Product Manager, who is able to balance getting technical with an appreciation for the big picture;
* Work collaboratively with multi-functional team including designers and developers, and align products and features with strategic business goals and initiatives;
* Ability to communicate and work with remote development team, while managing schedules and timelines;
* Able to influence, manage, and persuade team members without reporting relationships;
* Regularly translating business-to-technical and technical-to-business requirements;
* Able to prioritize features and make trade-off decisions based on customer and business value; good intuition, business sense, and common sense;
* Partner with Marketing Manager to conduct customer and market research and integrates feedback into the products;
* Track, monitor, and analyze key metrics;
University Degree is required; Computer Science or Engineering is preferred;
* 3-5 years of Product Management or related professional experience in the software industry;
* Strong familiarity with user experience and engagement initiatives and methodologies;
* Knowledge of the software development lifecycle for a cloud-based mobile technology;
* Strong project management experience working with developers in an agile and/or remote environment;
* Superior written and verbal communication & presentation skills to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization, as well as cross-functionally;
* Experience working in the digital health or insurance industry is preferred but not required;
Behavioural Competencies and Personal Attributes:
* Aligned with the organizations mission, is motivated by contributing to its success, and inspiring others through collaboration and open dialogue;
* High emotional intelligence (EQ) with the ability to empathize with customer and understand pain-points that the product or feature will address;
* Passionate about healthcare and making a difference in people’s lives;
* Extremely self-motivated and can work with minimal direction;
* Excited about building a start-up and working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and evolving environment;
This job is only open to Canadian residents.